THE MOORES YOU KNOW

So here we are, all 4 of us. Topher, Brittney, Esther, and Graceyn Moore. The Moore's You Know. We hope that you enjoy our blog and growing up with us.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Is it wrong???

Okay...is it really wrong that I totally indulged in pride at it's worst...best...whatever when my girls were complete angels at the Bible book store?! I mean seriously, why is it such a big deal to me that they be really good there. Surely that lady behind the counter that kept telling me how cute the girls were thought I was a super-Christian and a great parent for having such well-behaved kiddos...how horrible is it that we really judge that way. Come on, be honest...you've totally been there too! I'm pretty sure I even walked differently as we left the store and used a much sweeter tone of voice because I was so puffed up with pride! Ridiculous!
Then, was it really wrong for me to find a little extra joy in making dinner knowing that I didn't have to eat it or clean it up because I had a girls night out? Carabas...hobo dinners...Carabas...hobo dinners...seriously, wouldn't you have felt the same tinge of excitement to set the table then jet out the door?! I really do love cooking for my family and I so treasure our nightly dinners at the table together, but I have to say the Rigatoni Martino with alfredo sauce was pretty amazing.
Before ending this little indulgence in my flesh, I have to say that Topher is an amazing cook and typically helps with dinner and/or clean-up every single night. Maybe I shouldn't say that...does that ruin his image? Love you, Babe!

2 comments:

Becke' said...

Sometimes I wonder if we Christians are more proud than non-believers. I definitely think we have a sense of "entitlement" about things sometimes. I mean we are children of the King, but often I forget that to be great I have to be the least. Eek.

Little Oak Table said...

i can testify that you are both great cooks! i mean, you guys go all out, red square plates, the whole sha-bang! i feel like i should leave a tip when i leave your dinner table :).

shane and i have talked about how God has given you and topher such a sweet gift of hospitality and you bless people with it. martha has nothin' on ya'll :)!

Blog Archive

Check out the sideburns

Check out the sideburns
"Seriously dad what are you thinking with those things?"

Introducing GRACEYN ELIZABETH

Introducing GRACEYN ELIZABETH

PLACE YOUR BETS (see "Taking Bets" January 15)

  • Boy- March 15... Kelli Crossland
  • Boy- March 8... Jan Holland
  • Girl...Zac Murtha
  • Boy- March 11... Jared and Jill
  • Girl- March 13... Papaw
  • Girl- March 9 or 16... Lala (wants it to be on a Friday)
  • Girl- March 12...Mimi
  • Boy- March 14... Uncle Joe
  • Boy- March 17... Uncle Jess (Pretty sure of his GUESS)
  • Girl- March 18... Kels

Let it snow, let it snow...

Let it snow, let it snow...
The Eskimos have 1,000 words for snow and "Let it Snow" is all I could come up with

Reading stirs the imagination

Reading stirs the imagination
Shapes Colors and Big Bird

"Meeme Sissas"

"Meeme Sissas"
Translation: Merry Christmas